The building itself is a monument that has been renovated with love and respect to the history of our heritage. Most of the Chania’s Old Town was built by the Venetians in a bid to recreate a “Venice of the East”, especially in the 16th and 17th centuries during the town’s ‘cultural renaissance’. Subsequently the area was altered when the Ottoman Turks invaded and occupied the island for another 250 years or so.
A great part of the urban and building architecture, as it survive through today, is due to the Venetians, who occupied Crete from the 13th till the 17th century. In 1645 Chania were conquered by the Ottoman Turks who though didn’t introduce drastic changes to the urban planning, it was they who built or refurbished some of the more characteristic buildings which one can view today in the Old Town (Firkas Fortress, Yali-Tzamisι mosque, Venetian Lighthouse).
Arches from the Venetian period are evident throughout the building inspiring an elegant and romantic atmosphere, while the unique fully restored Ottoman bath (Hammam) represents the main concept of the hotel’s philosophy: serenity, luxury and relaxation.
Our concept is prominent in each one of our unique suites & rooms equipped with the highest quality mattresses and cement sealed bathrooms, turning your stay into a truly delightful experience.
- Complimentary wireless internet in public areas for in-house guests
- Air conditioning
- 24 hour reception
- Shuttle service to/from the airport /port (upon request)
- Business Center
- Indoor & outdoor restaurant
- Wine Bar
- Private yard
- Complimentary silver service breakfast with a wide variety of homemade traditional & bio products
- Baby sitting service (upon request)
- Laundry service
- Hair dryer service (upon request)
- Massage rituals, face cares (upon request)
- Renovated 18th century hamam (soon ready for use)
- Medical support (upon request)
- Special event planning (upon request)
- No smoking indoor policy
Open 12 months/year